Impact assessment: what difference did we make?
Organised by: https://www.bond.org.uk/learning/impact-assessment-what-difference-did-we-make
Dates: 10.02.2016 to 11.02.2016
Location: London, UK, UK
Type of training: Short Course
Cost: £645 - 10% off if you book 8 weeks in advance; 5% off 3 or more bookings. Contact us for special discounts if you're a student or unemployed
Level of experience: Novice
Towards qualification: CPD
Interest: Monitoring & Evaluation
Application deadline: 09.02.2016
What is impact assessment, how does it differ from or complement monitoring and evaluation and how can we assess our contributions to change? This course provides a clear conceptual overview and very practical guidance on designing a simple, user friendly and useful impact assessment process.
Take this course on its own or together with Theory of change essentials, which runs the day before this course.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for those working in the humanitarian or development sector and are responsible for understanding and measuring impact, or planning to implement impact assessment in their organisation.
What you will learn
– What ‘impact’ is and why it matters
– What makes impact assessment different from, and complementary to, monitoring and evaluation
– The approaches used to assess impact
– Key challenges and how to work with them
– How theories of change can support planning for impact
– The tools and methods you can use to understand your contribution
– How to use the results of an impact assessment to help demonstrate effectiveness